When I was little, my Mom would make American pancakes for us every Sunday. I loved them so much that I often begged her to whip them up more regularly and so in order to make them a little lighter (and greener!) she would add fresh grated courgette. My Mom will therefore be very pleased to know that I’ve developed an EVEN GREENER version of her pancakes, which have been a hit for breakfasts and brunches (topped with fried eggs) and even dinner parties I’ve hosted over the last few years where I’ve served them as an appetiser, topped with roasted red pepper and cream cheese or lightly smoked salmon and fresh lemon. All in all, these courgette fritters are highly versatile and I hope you enjoy making them at home!
3 x Medium Sized Courgettes
2 x Large Eggs
3 x Tablespoons Gluten Free Plain Flour
1 x Tablespoon Vegetable or Sunflower Oil
½ x Teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ x Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
1 x Teaspoon Chives (dried or fresh)
- Wash and grate the courgettes onto a clean tea towel or several paper towels, squeezing out as much moisture as possible.
- Beat two large eggs into a bowl with the gluten free flour , garlic power, chilli flakes and chives.
- Gradually stir in the courgettes to create a batter and mix well. Add salt and pepper and mix again.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and form small pancake size fritters. Use a silicone spatula to keep the fritters round (the batter is likely to run when it hits the pan).
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Leave the fritters to cool for 5-10 minutes and serve with fried eggs for breakfast or brunch or a sprinkling of fresh Parmesan.
One thought on “Courgette Fritters”
Your Mum loved this ! Axxx
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 20:58, The Gluten Free Suitcase wrote:
> The Gluten Free Suitcase posted: “When I was little, my Mom would make > American pancakes for us every Sunday. I loved them so much that I often > begged her to whip them up more regularly and so in order to make them a > little lighter (and greener!) she would add fresh grated courgette. My M” >