So here it is folks – a recipe y’all probably never thought you’d see on this page – MORE GNOCCHI. Creating this dish, believe it or not, was a big deal for me as I rarely stray far from my classic Gnocchi Alla Marie, which over the years I’m so pleased to say many of you guys have given a whirl and enjoyed. As we currently find ourselves in strange times, I wanted to use fewer store-cupboard ingredients to show you how you can whip up something hearty and delicious, even if you can’t get your hands on canned tomatoes. Meanwhile, I’ve opted for courgettes as the main vegetable stars of the dish as they seem to still be widely available in the shops, so give this a go and let me know what y’all think. Stay safe everyone!
500g Gluten Free Gnocchi
1 x Tablespoon olive oil
1 x Medium Onion, Chopped
2 x Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 x Tablespoon Grainy Mustard
250ml Creme Fraîche
100g Grated Parmesan/Italian Hard Cheese
30ml Boiling Water
2 x Courgettes, Chopped into Small Cubes
½ Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
½ Teaspoon Dried Parsley
½ Knorr Vegetable Stock Cube
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan/200 degrees gas.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi for 1-2 minutes. Drain immediately and set to one side.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat and add the onions and garlic, sauteeing until soft.
- Add the courgettes to the pot and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the creme fraîche, grainy mustard, 80g of the grated cheese, chilli flakes, parsley and crumbled half stock cube.
- When all ingredients are combined, add the boiling water and stir quickly again.
- Reduce the heat and cover the pot, leaving the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Prepare the cooled gnocchi in a small-medium oven casserole dish and cover with the sauce, stirring the two together so the sauce is evenly distributed around the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top as well as cracked black pepper and a sprinkling of salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the gnocchi is golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving with a fresh green salad.